Director Lori Portner has announced the cast of "8," the second staged reading of the 2014-2015 Staged Reading Series at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.
"8" will be performed Tuesday, Oct. 14 at 7:30 p.m. in the Carole and Gordon Mallett Theatre in Yue-Kong Pao Hall, 552 W. Wood Street on the Purdue University campus.
It also will be performed Tuesday, Oct. 21 at 7:30 p.m. at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette, 320 N. 5th Street, the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette.
The readings will be Pay What You Can events. They will be followed with a question-and-answer session with the audience, the cast and the director.
The cast includes:
* Judge Vaughn Walker - Ted Hingst
* Ted Olson - Will Ellis
* David Boies - Kate Martin
* Charles Cooper - Abri Dennis
* Maggie Gallagher - Carrie Francis
* Kris Perry - Amy Crampton
* Sandy Stier - Mona Bapat
* Paul Katami - Allen Banning
* Jeff Zarrillo - Kyle Borcz
* Elliott Perry - Ryan Tucker
* Spencer Perry- Leo Crampton
* Dr. Nancy Cott - Lisa Bittles
* Dr. Ilan Meyer - Greg Seiters
* Ryan Kendall - Cody Walker
* Dr. Gregory Herek - Christopher Fulk
* Dr. Gary Segura - Mike Smith
* David Blankenhorn - Steve Martin
* Hak-shing William Tam - Steven Koehler
* Evan Wolfson - Candace Borcz
* Court Clerk - Cresta Cates
* Broadcast Journalist - Cresta Cates
Uncover the truth about marriage for gay and lesbian Americans. "8" - a new play by Academy-award winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black (Milk, J. Edgar) - demystifies the debate around marriage equality by chronicling the landmark trial of Perry v. Schwarzenegger (now Hollingsworth v. Perry). Using the actual court transcripts from the landmark federal trial of California's Prop. 8 and first-hand interviews, "8" shows both sides of the debate in a moving 90-minute play.