Director Kate Martin has announced the cast of Lillian Hellman's "The Children's Hour," the third show in the 2014-2015 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.
"The Children's Hour" will run Friday, January 16 to Saturday, January 31, 2015 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre, 320 N. 5th Street in downtown Lafayette - the corner of 5th Street and North Street.
Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors and $10 for youth age 18 and under.
The cast includes:
* Martha Dobie - Michelle Bonora
* Karen Wright - Hannah Linson
* Dr. Joseph Cardin - Neil Radtke
* Mrs. Amelia Tilford - Mary Anne Cecil
* Mrs. Lily Mortar - Tamzin Malone
* Agatha - Mona Bapat
* Mary Tilford - Ingrid Lund-Mikkelsen
* Rosalie Wells - Celia Pardillo-Lopez
* Peggy Rogers - Nicole Johal
* Evelyn Munn - Indigo Witt
* Catherine - Maggie Taul
* Lois Fisher - Anneliese Givan
* Helen Burton - Melia Givan
* Grocery Boy - Aaron Walker
"The Children's Hour" is a serious and adult play about two women who run a school for girls. After a malicious youngster starts a rumor about the two women, the rumor soon turns to scandal. As the young girl comes to understand the power she wields, she sticks by her story, which precipitates tragedy for the women. It is later discovered that the gossip was pure invention, but it is too late. Irreparable damage has been done.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.