Sunday, November 9, 2014

In the Wings: Disney's Aladdin Jr. Meet Aaron Walker.



Aaron Walker plays Genie in Disney's Aladdin Jr., the second show in the 2014-2015 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

Tickets for all three performances of Disney's Aladdin Jr. are sold out. A Pay What You Can preview will be Thursday, Nov. 13 at 7:30 p.m.

Question: Why did you try out for Disney's Aladdin Jr.? Had you seen the movie before?
Aaron Walker: I auditioned because it's Aladdin. I have yet to see the movie. I've had several opportunities, but I've seen only snippets from the Broadway show and the movie.

Question: What will an audience love about this show?
A.W.: "Friend Like Me" and "Prince Ali" are the most iconic songs from the show.

Question: If you could trade roles with anyone, who would it be and why?
A.W.: Erin Locke, who plays Jasmine. I've always wanted to play a drag role.

Question: Imagine you come across a pile of junk and on top is an old, beaten-up lamp. What do you do?
A.W.: I'd take the lamp and sell it after I wasted the wishes.

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: