Sunday, November 9, 2014

In the Wings: Disney's Aladdin Jr. Meet Rachel Cooper.



Rachel Cooper plays Iago in Disney's Aladdin Jr., the second show in the 2014-2015 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

Tickets for all three performances of Disney's Aladdin Jr. are sold out. A Pay What You Can preview will be Thursday, Nov. 13 at 7:30 p.m.

Question: Why did you try out for Disney's Aladdin Jr.? Had you seen the movie before?
Rachel Cooper: I like Civic and I go to a lot of the shows. Every so often I visit the website to see which plays I could audition for. This showed up and I decided to go for it. I didn't know the movie. I've seen it since auditions, though.

Question: What makes Iago both comic and evil?
R.C.: He's kind of snarky. He's not afraid to stand up to Jafar, and when he does he's sassy about it. The fact that he's working Jafar in the first place, though, does make him evil.

Question: What will an audience love about this show?
R.C.: My favorite moment in the show is the song "Friend Like Me." I think a lot of people will like that, too.

Question: If you could trade roles with anyone, who would it be and why?
R.C.: I would trade with Gavin Duffy, who plays Jafar. The character is evil and it would be so much fun to play that.

Question: Imagine you come across a pile of junk and on top is an old, beaten-up lamp. What do you do?
R.C.: I would probably walk away. I don't like stuff that I don't know what it is.

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: