Sunday, November 9, 2014

In the Wings: Disney's Aladdin Jr. Meet Brendan White.



Brendan White plays Aladdin in Disney's Aladdin Jr., the second show in the 2014-2015 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

Tickets for all three performances of Disney's Aladdin Jr. are sold out. A Pay What You Can preview will be Thursday, Nov. 13 at 7:30 p.m.

Question: Why did you try out for Disney's Aladdin Jr.? Had you seen the movie before?
Brendan White: My friend Sarah Weaver asked me to audition with her, so I said, "I'll definitely do that." I have seen the movie before. I love it. I grew up on Disney.

Question: What makes Aladdin a hero?
B.W.: He is able to realize his flaws in the end. He fixes them and becomes a better person.

Question: What will an audience love about this show?
B.W.: There's a lot of action and a lot of movement. There is a lot of singing and dancing. We keep the audience involved throughout the play.

Question: If you could trade roles with anyone, who would it be and why?
B.W.: Aaron Walker, who plays the Genie. The part is so much fun. There is so much freedom to have fun.

Question: Imagine you come across a pile of junk and on top is an old, beaten-up lamp. What do you do?
B.W.: I make my three wishes.

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: