Monday, December 8, 2014

In the Wings: A Christmas Story, the Musical. Meet Eric Francis.



Eric Francis plays the Old Man in A Christmas Story, the Musical, the holiday show in the 2014-2015 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

The show runs Friday, Dec. 12 through Sunday, Dec. 14 at Long Center for the Performing Arts, 111 N. 6th Street in downtown Lafayette. You can purchase tickets by calling 765-423-7529 or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com.

Question: What is the Old Man like?
Eric Francis: He is all about excellence. He's a little frustrated and short-tempered, but deep down inside he's loving.

Q: Did you know the movie before you auditioned?
E.F.: I did know the movie, yes. I didn't know the musical or how difficult the singing was going to be.

Q: What is your favorite Christmas movie?
E.F.: It's a Wonderful Life. The first time I cry is when Mr. Gower, the pharmacist, hits him on his bad ear.

Q: What is the message of A Christmas Story, the Musical?
E.F.: Eye protection.

Q: What is your favorite part of the show?
E.F.: The part that touches me the most deeply is the disposal of the major award. When we were walking through it in rehearsal, I was tearing up. It's touching and reveals the soft interior of the Old Man.

Q: What was the one Christmas gift you wanted as much as Ralphie wants the BB gun?
E.F.: I wanted a Yamaha Enduro Mini Bike to deliver my newspapers, and I never got it. They were wise and never gave me that.

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: