Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is soliciting playwrights to submit previously unproduced scripts for its third annual 10-Minute Play Festival.
Up to eight scripts will be produced at the festival, June 12-13, 2015, at the historic Monon Depot Theatre, 320 N. 5th Street in downtown Lafayette.
* The submission deadline is April 10, 2015.
* The scripts chosen for the festival will be announced no later than April 27, 2015.
* Only residents from the 14-county area served by the Tippecanoe Arts Federation may submit. These counties include Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren and White.
* Submissions must be sent as a Word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Only a full script will be considered; no synopses or dialogue samples, please.
* Submissions must include a title page with the play's title, playwright's name and contact information. The playwright's name should not appear anywhere on the script.
* The second page should include a list of characters and the setting.
* Please use standard margins and 12-point Times New Roman font.
* Plays must last no longer than 10 minutes in performance time. Please read your script aloud to determine its length; 10 pages of dialogue do not always equal 10 minutes of performance.
* There is no cost to submit a script. Playwrights are limited to submitting no more than 2 scripts.
* Probability of being selected: The festival will include no more than eight 10-minute plays.
* Contract: There are no royalties paid at this time.
* Content: No restrictions.
* Scripts with a single setting and few scenic requirements have a much stronger likelihood of being selected.
Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is a community theatre located in downtown Lafayette, Indiana. Its home is the historic Monon Depot Theatre, which has a seating capacity of 155.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.