Steven Koehler, managing director of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette, announced the 2015-2016 season during the second annual Season Announcement Party on Wednesday, April 1, 2015.
There are 5 MainStage shows, 4 Civic Youth Theatre shows and 5 staged readings. The season schedule is:
* The Charitable Sisterhood of the Second Trinity Victory Church by Bo Wilson, Sept. 11-26, 2015. MainStage season.
* The Amish Project by Jessica Dickey, Sept. 15, 2015. Staged reading season.
* And Then They Came for Me: Remembering the World of Anne Frank by James Still, Oct. 9-11, 2015. Civic Youth Theatre season.
* Doubt, a Parable by John Patrick Shanley, Nov. 6-21, 2015. MainStage season.
* An Evening of Poe: Two Stories in Drama Form by Arliss Jeffries, Nov. 10, 2015. Staged reading season.
* A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Schulz, based on the television special by Bill Melendez and Lee Mendelson. Stage Adaptation by Eric Schaeffer. By Special Arrangement with Arthur Whitelaw and Ruby Persson. Dec. 4-13, 2015. Civic Youth Theatre season.
* The Rainmaker by N. Richard Nash, Jan. 22-Feb. 6, 2016. MainStage season.
* In the Next Room, or the Vibrator Play by Sarah Ruhl, Jan. 26, 2016. Staged reading season.
* Stuart Little by Joseph Robinette, Feb. 19-21, 2016. Civic Youth Theatre season.
* Anything Goes music and lyrics by Cole Porter, book by Guy Bolton, P.G. Wodehouse, Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse, March 4-13, 2016. MainStage season.
* World Premiere Staged Reading, to be announced, March 8, 2016. Staged reading season.
* The Hundred Dresses by Mary Hall Surface, based on the book by Eleanor Estes, April 8-10, 2016. Civic Youth Theatre season.
* Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike by Christopher Durang. May 6-21, 2016. MainStage season.
* Living Out by Lisa Loomer, May 10, 2016. Staged reading season.
There will be individual posts for each show in the near future.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.