Director Steve Martin has announced the cast of Tina Howe's "Approaching Zanzibar," the fourth staged reading in the 2014-2015 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.
The staged reading of "Approaching Zanzibar" will be 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 12 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre, 320 N. 5th Street in downtown Lafayette. It is a Pay What You Can event.
The cast includes:
* Wallace Blossom - Kyle Borcz
* Charlotte Blossom - Laura Whitcombe
* Turner Blossom - Liam Kelley
* Pony Blossom - Isabella Zollner
* Randy Wands/Scotty Childs - Mark Callaway
* Palace St. John/Dr. Sybil Wren - Marylin Howland Ross
* Fletcher St. John/Amy Childs - Seth Jacobsen
* Joy Childs/Dalia Paz - Mona Bapat
* Olivia Childs - Cassandra Clark
* Narrator - Beth Butram
This play by the author of "Pride's Crossing," among others, follows the Blossom family as they travel cross country to see Aunt Olivia, who has cancer. She is a renowned environmental artist who creates enormous sculptures out of kites. The family camps along the way, having various adventures and meeting relatives and strangers. When they arrive in Taos, New Mexico, Olivia is fading in and out of reality, or is she?