Tuesday, April 7, 2015

In the Wings: Monster in the Closet. Meet Hope Quattrocki.



Hope Quattrocki plays the Dream Queen in Angela D. Stewart's "Monster in the Closet," the fourth and final production in the 2014-2015 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

The show runs April 17-19 at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette, 320 N. 5th Street in downtown Lafayette. You can purchase tickets by visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com or calling 765-423-7529.

Question: What is fun about the Dream Queen?
Hope Quattrocki: I like how she doesn't have to respond to anyone. What she says goes, and that's it. There's no one that can question her, so that's a lot of fun. She's just mean, and that also is a lot of fun to play on stage.

Q: Why did you try out for "Monster in the Closet"?
H.Q.: This is my last opportunity to do a Civic Youth Theatre show, and I've had so many fantastic memories here. Also, Laurie Russell is the director.

Q.: What are some of your favorite memories you'll have of Civic?
H.Q.: "The Beverly Hillbillies" was a great experience for me. It was a lot of fun. It pushed my boundaries of being an actor and I really enjoyed that. I feel I grew a lot. Also, I'll have memories of being at rehearsals, interacting with people who share the same passion. There's nothing like Civic Youth Theatre, getting to act with people that enjoy it just as much as you do. There's nothing better than that.

Q: What do you think the audience will like the most about the show?
H.Q.: It's just a fun show. I think it can appeal to everyone: for very young kids as well adults. I think everyone will get something out of it.

Q: The characters think there are monsters in the closet that will scare them. What do you think would be a fun place to scare someone?
H.Q.: That really scary old hotel off I-65. For my film literature class, we filmed a short movie there. We called it "Babyface Killer," and one by one we were all killed off.

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: