The committee preparing the 2015-2016 Staged Reading series at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is soliciting submissions for original, previously unproduced scripts by local playwrights.
Here are the submission guidelines.
* Deadline for submissions: October 2, 2015.
* Response date: No later than December 4, 2015.
* Playwrights must have their primary residence in the 14-county area served by the Tippecanoe Arts Federation: Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren and White.
* Civic Theatre prefers a full script submission.
* Civic Theatre will accept a query/synopsis along with a 5-page dialogue sample.
* Civic Theatre prefers electronic submissions, which may be sent to email@example.com
* Mailed submissions must be sent to:
Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette
Attn: Staged Reading Committee
313 N. 5th Street
Lafayette, IN 47901
* All submissions must include a title page with the play's title, author's name and contact information. The author's name should not appear anywhere on the script.
* Submissions sent via mail must include a self-addressed stamped envelope or self-addressed stamped postcard.
* There is no cost to submit.
* Probability of being selected: At least one original script per year is included in the Staged Reading series out of the entire pool of submissions.
* Contract: There are no royalties paid at this time.
* Cast size: Ten or fewer actors are preferred.
* Length: Scripts may be either one-act or full length.
* Content: There are no restrictions on content.
In the eight years the Staged Reading Series has been part of the Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette season, at least one script has been an original, previously unproduced script written by a local playwright.
* 2007-2008: "Pia Zadora Sings Gershwin" by Deborah Gray and "A Very Bad Day for Brandon Butterworth" by Scott Haan
* 2008-2009: "In the Weeds" by Steve Gooch
* 2009-2010: "TILT" by Laurie Russell
* 2010-2011: "Roman Cokes" by Jeff Spanke
* 2011-2012: "Puzzles" by Laurie Russell
* 2012-2013: "A Wonderful Suicide" by Diane Littleton Bahler and "Going through Hell" by Steve Martin
* 2013-2014: "To Tread Among Serpents" by Kelly McBurnette-Andronicos
* 2014-2015: "The Subtle, Sublime Transformation of Benny V." by Steve Martin
For more information, please call 765-423-7529