During the staged reading series at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette, at least one script by a local playwright is selected for a world premiere. The script chosen for the 2015-2016 season is The Kegger by JS Green.
In The Kegger, Charley Jennings works at a job he hates. His family life veers from crazy to just depressing. His only anchor is his best friend, Loober, who once saved Charley's life. Now, Loober has gotten in a jam with a fast-talking con man and Charley must save him. But things don’t work out as planned.
Other scripts by local playwrights that have received a world premiere during the nine-year-old series include:
* 2007-2008 - Pia Zadora Sings Gershwin by Deborah Gray and A Very Bad Day for Brandon Butterworth by Scott Haan
* 2008-2009 - In the Weeds by Steve Gooch
* 2009-2010 - TILT by Laurie Russell
* 2010-2011 - Roman Cokes by Jeff Spanke
* 2011-2012 - Puzzles by Laurie Russell
* 2012-2013 - A Wonderful Suicide by Diane Littleton Bahler and Going through Hell by Steve Martin
* 2013-2014 - To Tread Among Serpents by Kelly McBurnette-Andronicos
* 2014-2015 - The Subtle, Sublime Transformation of Benny V. by Steve Martin