Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is soliciting playwrights to submit previously unproduced scripts for its fourth annual 10-Minute Play Festival. Up to 10 scripts will be produced June 3-5, 2016, at the historic Monon Depot Theatre in downtown Lafayette.
* Only residents of the 14-county area served by the Tippecanoe Arts Federation may submit. These counties include Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren and White.
* Submissions must be sent as a PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Playwrights must include a title page with the play's title, playwright's name and contact information. The author's name should not appear anywhere on the script.
* The second page of the submission should include the title, a list of characters and the setting.
* The play should last no longer than 10 minutes, which often translates to 10 pages in the script, not including the title page and the character/setting page. Plays that last longer than 10 minutes will not be considered.
* There is no cost to submit a script. Playwrights are limited to submitting no more than 2 scripts.
* Deadline for submissions: April 15, 2016.
* Response date: No later than April 29, 2016.
* Contract: There are no royalties paid at this time.
* Cast size: Casts small than 5 characters are preferred.
* Content: No restrictions. Please keep in mind technical limitations of the festival. Shows with multiple locations, extensive technical requirements or large casts will have less chance of being selected.
Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is a community theatre located in downtown Lafayette, Indiana. Its home is the historic Monon Depot Theatre, which has a seating capacity of 155.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.